Read on for the third and final part of our chair refurbishment – it’s a big one!
1. We started by cutting a large square out of fabric to recover the base of our chair. We decided it was easier to recover the existing fabric, rather than pulling it all apart and starting afresh. We held the fabric in place at the very front chair with a row of staples.
2. We worked around the sides of the chair stapling as we went. Unfortunately we didn’t take many photos of this stage (I think we got a bit excited in covering up the peach fabric) but it was quite straightforward. To create the folds at the front we pulled the fabric by the corner back and stapled to the side to create a neat fold.
3. Once we had secured the bottom in place we used the foam innards to create two rough templates out of the fabric that we needed for the top of the chair.
4. We put the foam back onto the burlap sack support and placed a staple at the top and bottom to hold it in place as we stapled round the edge. There was no foam for the back of the chair but we followed exactly the same process, pulling the fabric tight as we stapled to make sure there were no creases.
5. Once we’d finished stapling the fabric to the chair we trimmed the excess material before using a sharp knife to get a neat edge as close to the staples as possible.
6. Then came the final and probably easiest part – gluing on our edging! We chose a light grey, fairly thick, 4 metre length to finish the chair off. We held it in place with our new favourite tool – the glue gun!
7. And that’s it! Our chair is pride of place in the corner of our bedroom. We’re so pleased with it – check out the images below and let us know what you think!