Continuing with the festive theme we decided to bake some savoury treats earlier this week. They turned out so well (be warned, very moreish) that we wanted to share this recipe for Cheesy Shortbread with our lovely readers.
To make the Cheesy Shortbread you will need:
- 100g of cheese – we used parmesan but this recipe works with pretty much any type.
- 150g plain flour
- pinch pepper
- 1 large egg
- 100g unsalted butter
- Cookie cutter
1. To begin mix 75g of cheese with the floor and pepper. Add the egg, butter and mix into a dough.
2. Flour your surface and roll out your dough to about 1cm thick. You can choose whatever cookie cutter you like here but we used a Christmas tree. Press out your shapes into the dough, before arranging on a greased baking tray and placing in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4.
4. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle with the remaining cheese then bake for 15-20 minutes. Once they’re a lovely golden brown colour remove from the oven and leave to cool for a further 15 minutes.
If your shortbread lasts longer than ours (i.e. a day) keep the biscuits in a airtight container and they’ll keep for about 4 days.