There was only 1 wall that had potential for some storage, and it’s quite narrow which ruled out a lot of the shoe storage available. I looked at the Ikea Bissa but originally discounted it as it didn’t seem particularly attractive. However after many more hours of searching it seemed like the only thing that would fit, and so a Ikea hack was needed.
This Ikea Bissa hack was relatively easy, I used marble effect sticky back plastic for the top, and covered it before I built the cabinet. I purchased mine from B&Q although there’s lots of other options online depending on the effect you’re after.
I also purchased two pull handles from eBay (not sure if it’s just me but I really struggle to find attractive handles in UK stores, if anyone has any recommendations let me know) and attached these to the front. They add a bit of character to the cabinet, but also make it easier to use as the mechanism can be a little stiff to begin with.
The cabinet now holds all of our shoes, and we’ve also purchased a little tray to keep our keys in. It’s working really well to stop some of the everyday clutter spreading out around the home.