The chicken recipe we shared last week had such a lot of interest (thank you Pinterest!) so I thought it’d be a good idea to share another favourite recipe of ours. This is a simple dessert to prepare and it tastes really good.
For this recipe you need: a small amount of butter (to melt with the Oreos), 1 or 2 packets of oreos (depending on how thick a base you like), 405g condensed milk, 284ml double cream, 5 limes and some chocolate to decorate.
1. To begin with take your anger out on those Oreos and crush them into small pieces. It’s up to you whether you use 1 or 2 packets – I only used 1 but for a deeper base 2 would be a good idea.
2. Melt some butter and stir in the crushed Oreos. Press them onto the base and sides of a loose bottomed cake tin and pop in the fridge to chill.
3. Mix together the cream and condensed milk before grating the zest of 4 limes into the mixture. Once you’ve finished grating cut the limes in half and squeeze all their lovely juice into the cream and condensed milk mixture. Whisk everything together until thick and creamy.
4. Spoon the mixture over the chilled base and spread out evenly. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill.
5. Once the pie is set you can choose to decorate with the chocolate however you wish! I usually grate a couple of squares (and eat the rest) but you could also melt chocolate onto the top. Before you serve the pie cut the remaining lime into slices and place on top for decoration.
Simple! This simple dessert serves around 8-10 people and is ideal for hot weather when you don’t have the time (or energy!) to bake something.