With autumn drawing closer and the darker days and nights drawing in on us (sounds negative, but it’s not, I love winter) we wanted to share one of our favourite winter recipes. Another twist on a classic, using sweet potato to create Sweet Potato Mash and Sausages!
This recipe serves 4 people and takes 30 minutes. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 8 sausages
- 1 sliced onion
- Half a bottle of dry white wine (optional, we don’t tend to use this as it always gets drunk in our house!),
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Your choice of vegetables (to serve)
1. To begin peel and chop the sweet potatoes into chunks, before boiling for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Whilst the potatoes are boiling fry the sausages until browned, before removing and frying the onion until soft and caramelised.
3. Add the wine and mustard to the onion, let it bubble for a few minutes, before returning the sausages and simmering for a further 15 minutes.
4. Mash the sweet potato with butter, and serve with sausages, gravy and vegetables of your choice.
Original recipe taken from BBC Good Food.